Thursday, March 28, 2013

Three More - original charcoal nude drawings w/touches of white pastel

This is a drawing that I did over several weeks, one model one week, then another model a few weeks later, then the third model maybe a month or two after the others.  Different models elicit different responses from the 'drawer', I think.  Instead of gray, the support is actually light green Canson Mi-Teintes board, which I love, but it's hard to find.  Thankfully, ASW still carries it.  It has the textured side of the Mi-Teintes paper adhered to board and I always find the textured side encourages looseness.  The drawing is 16 x 20".  If I don't post before Sunday, I hope you all have a wonderful Easter!  Thanks for stopping by! 

4 comments:

Anthony Duce said...

Great sketches..

Art Maine said...

The Third Model

Is it possible
that a descendent
of the model who posed
for Vincent Van Gogh
in 1886 as the
Standing Female Nude
Seen from the Side
posed for you
in spirit?

http://uploads5.wikipaintings.org/images/vincent-van-gogh/standing-female-nude-seen-from-the-side-1886.jpg!Large.jpg

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you Anthony!

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Art Maine - thank you for pointing me in the direction of some van Gogh drawings I had not seen!