Friday, February 01, 2013

Chaos - original charcoal life drawings

Sort of weird, I know, but I just like to draw the model in really short poses over other really short poses.  Previous poses are often obliterated, but I'm mainly interested in line variety. This is vine charcoal on Strathmore drawing paper, 18 x 24".
More about the knowing people through drawings thing I mentioned in my previous post.  When I said I was looking for line variety in the above paragraph, it's one of the things that thrills me about drawing.  When I was little, one of my aunties - I loved her dearly - would always draw for me 'the old, poor cow' and laugh and make fun of her inability to draw. Well, I LOVED those drawings, but I didn't know why.  Now I understand that she had just naturally and unknowingly used a weighted line.  The 'old, poor cow' was simply beautiful!
Thanks for visiting my blog!

6 comments:

hmuxo said...

You do so well with the quick sketches, Connie...great practice!!

Anthony Duce said...

Great Gestures..

Stephen Washburn said...

I enjoy your posts, both art and comment. I hadn't thought before of the action of drawing being a way of communication.

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Steve - glad you liked it - I could go on and on about drawing! Well I guess I do, actually, but it's just about my favorite thing. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Anthony and thank you!

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Hilda - thanks so much!