Friday, September 07, 2012

A Little Flourish - original oil pastel figurative painting

This oil pastel is done on Pastelbord, 12 x 9", and I put layers and layers of oil pastel on it.  That's one of the best things - among many, many great things - about Pastelbord.  It can take whatever I dish out.  Another thing about oil pastel - it's hot here, I mean really, really hot and I somehow left a newish oil pastel painting in the back seat of the car and it didn't melt or get "slick" or even get soft.  I would think that in this crazily hot place, something bad would have happened, but the painting was fine. 
Re the weather here, everything's relative - it's going to be in the 90s for a few days and I am deliriously happy.   So much better than 107 degrees.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

myra anderson said...

beautiful and expressive!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you so much, Myra - I appreciate it!

hmuxo said...

I'm not sure how I missed this one, Connie!! I love pastelbord..it works beautifully on pastels..very smooth..this piece is beautifully painted..you can almost feel him lifting her up...

n warner said...

This is fabulous Connie - great color and movement. You do it so well!
Sorry about the stinking heat...not fun! :-)

NIna

Connie Chadwell said...

I'm glad you like it, Hilda - thank you - and Pastelbord sure gets our votes doesn't it! Yay!

Connie Chadwell said...

Well Hi Nina - I'm SO glad to hear from you - it's been such a long time since we visited. Thank you for your nice comment and for stopping by!