Friday, July 27, 2012

On My Easel - Girl with a Fan oil figurative Work In Progress

This is one of those "I just don't know about this one" paintings, of which I have many.  I had a model for a very short session, and as usual, I think the drawing that I did this painting from is better than the painting.   I envy those who can draw and paint beautifully from a photo, which would really be helpful for me, since I live in a little town and finding a model could become more time-consuming that the actual art.  Oh well, one does what one can.  And I'm open to suggestions.  Thanks for dropping by and letting me rant.

4 comments:

myra anderson said...

I know what you mean about a drawing - sometimes they seem to have a more natural quality or something - but this painting is stunning. It looks free and not forced and the quality of the brushwork is beautiful! I love it! I think its fabulous!!

Connie Chadwell said...

Wow, Myra - If you didn't just make my day! Thanks so much for your help!

hmuxo said...

Connie, this is so, so nice! Very professional..I love all the details..the brown dress pops right out...Beautiful job.

Connie Chadwell said...

So nice of you, Hilda - thank you - I really appreciate it!