Sunday, December 11, 2011

Almost There - original oil figurative rodeo painting of barrel racer

This 7 x 5" painting on Gessobord was done from a sketch that I did at a rodeo.  The drawing is mostly squiggles that only I can understand - my own little shorthand - and is so much easier for me to work from than a photo.  Every time I've tried to take an "action" shot, it's the second after the main event.  Not much of a photographer am I.  Hence, my drawings are my favorites to provide the basis for my paintings.  Thanks so much for stopping by! Sold

4 comments:

myra anderson said...

it's so fantastic how you can show action - be it a dancer or a 'horseman' or woman. beautiful works!!!!

Connie Chadwell said...

That's so nice of you, Myra! I really appreciate your nice comment - thanks for visiting my blog!

Paulette Farrell said...

Ace xx. The concentration of the rider and the movement of the horse has been captured wonderfully.

Connie Chadwell said...

I appreciate the nice comment, Paulette - thank you so much for visiting my blog!