Monday, May 16, 2011

Tango in Black and White - original charcoal figurative drawing

I could do charcoal drawings all day long.  When I do them, I don't worry about much - just let go and see what happens.  That's when happy accidents occur - well, they're not always happy, but most of them are.  Vine charcoal is my favorite for just about any kind of drawing.  I like the really soft sticks because they're capable of smoky atmospheric effects as well as fairly sharp lines.  When I go into the art store, after I've finished picking out the main things I want to purchase, I always get extra charcoal and a kneaded eraser or two.
Maybe this drawing will become a painting, but in any case there are passages in it that please me.  No planning on my part, just happened.  Maybe there are some things to change, but if I start fooling with it, it'll get tight.  It never fails.   
This drawing was done on Strathmore Bristol 6 x 6".  Thanks so much for stopping by! Sold

2 comments:

suzannepaints said...

Congratulations on the drawing. It is wonderful and full of movement. Your addition to the North Light book is grand. What a fabulous accomplishment

Connie Chadwell said...

Thanks so much, Suzanne - I really appreciate your comment - thanks again for visiting!