Monday, November 16, 2009

Alone Again - original oil figurative painting by Connie Chadwell


While I love watching the guys and gals at the bar, seeing someone sitting alone always catches my eye. This is painted on 8 x 6" linen panel.
I'm sitting here at my keyboard, typing with one hand and throwing the ball for Roger, my assistant, with the other. It's a slow operation. We're all snug inside because we'll have some freezing weather tonight. I'm such a sissy about cold weather. Give me 105 degrees anytime, but br-r-r-r, I don't like the cold. Somehow I managed to adapt to all the years in Washington D.C. - even though it's not really cold there by northern standards - but I've gotten spoiled down here in the southwest and I love our sizzling summers.
But I guess they're gone for awhile, so I'd better go bring in my lemon tree, ficus, geraniums and probably a few more things. It'll be crowded in the kitchen tonight.
Thanks for stopping by! Sold

2 comments:

Cyndy Carstens said...

So melancholy and beautiful.

Connie Chadwell said...

Thanks so much, Cyndy - glad you stopped by!