Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Four One-Minutes - original charcoal life drawing by Connie Chadwell

SOLD










Hi everybody! I was away for a few days and haven't posted in awhile, but am currently working on more paintings.
This drawing is from a series of one-minute gestures that I did in a life drawing session I attended last week.
There is nothing like drawing from life! I draw people every day, but usually it's just someone who's going about his or her daily routine, so it's always a pleasure to have a professional model in front of me.
These quick charcoal gestures are on 18 x 24" Strathmore drawing paper.
Thanks so much for stopping by Hackberry Street Studio!

8 comments:

Dale Sherman Blodget said...

You've really captured the essences of her poses and the grouping is wonderful. Nice one.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Wow... you are fast and accurate. These are amazing for one minute pose captures. Kudos!

naquaiya said...

lovely and fresh

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you, Dale!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you, Diana, I had forgotten what hard work doing lots of one-minutes can be. Great arm exercise, though!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thanks Naquaiya - I love doing those really short poses!

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Hi Connie,

After seeing your blog, I now know why my blog was rejected by The Daily Painters. I am now motivated to be more committed to painting every day and making the necessary changes to my blog. Your work is amazing.

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Joan - I'm very flattered by your nice comment - and your work is just lovely - so fresh and loose!