Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Another Lady with a Fan - original oil pastel figurative painting by Connie Chadwell




This painting is from another of the drawings that I did of the dancers in San Antonio. It's 7 x 5" on Pastelbord. Even though I do occasionally use my oil pastel sharpener, it's a challenge to work on small paintings with an unsharpened oil pastel. It forces me to work loose.


The weather is so wonderful here in Texas - at least for now - that it's hard to do anything but stay outdoors. My flower beds received most of my attention today and although I have lots of paintings in various stages, the roses kept calling me. Maybe tomorrow I'll do some more painting. And again, maybe not.




Thanks for stopping by!




4 comments:

n warner said...

Beautiful work...regally poised, but very feminine...I say, go to the roses they are well worth smelling :-) Nina

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Very nice design with the dress.

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Nina - and thank you. Yes, the roses are wonderful - it's great being in the garden while it's still nice and cool here!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you, Bill, for your nice comment!