Monday, May 19, 2008

Heather Again - nude painting in oil


Here's another rendition of Heather. This one's in oil on 9 x 12" Gessobord. I started out with a very limited palette - titanium white, ivory black, yellow ochre, burnt sienna and cobalt blue (which is kind of cheating in a truly limited palette, since gray next to red reads as a blue, but, oh well). After it was done, I decided that it needed a little more color, so I added a little cadmium red and yellow.


This time, not working from life, but from a drawing from life, the likeness isn't there as well as it was, but I am pleased with the painting because it's not really intended to be a portrait. And she still has that proud elegance to her, which is the most important element to me. If the gesture is right, then I'm happy. SOLD

No comments: