Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tango Sketchbook - charcoal figure drawing


Here's a look at one of my sketches of tango dancers. When I have a chance to watch dancers, they stay in my mind for a long, long time and then I can work out the poses I saw. Sometimes I even take the pose myself - not something you'd want to witness - so I can get the feel of it, which is really important in figure drawing. Actually, many years ago, I did some tango dancing - took lessons, etc., but I'm not a tango dancer by any stretch of the imagination. I could tell from the first step, though, that this dance was one I would always love. I have many of these little drawings and will post them. This one is on 11 x 14" Strathmore drawing paper and it's done with vine charcoal.


Thanks for looking! I LOVE hearing from you. Thanks so much for your emails!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admit that this is one of my favorites. I like sketches a lot.

Great work!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thanks so much! I love that charcoal!

kaycrain said...

Connie,
Love your tango sketches! I love sketchbook drawings as well. ;)

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you, Kay - charcoal just seems to let the sketches flow!

Prof. Ernesto Kahan said...

CONGRATULATION ARTIST!
This drawing is great! I am preparing a small edition of about 200 copies of book of poems in Spanish entitled "Kfar Saba Nuevo Amor", in partnership with another 4 Argentinean poets I ask your permission for the reproduction in our book of this lovely drowing to illustrate Chapter "Nostalgias" with such drawing. We love it very much!
Due to lack of resources we very much ask if you can provide as the permission requested free of charge. Obviously, we want to make a reference of the source and also to publish a special acknowledgment, as well as to send to you a copy of our book when it will be ready.
Thank you in advance.
Sincerely yours,
Ernesto Kahan

Connie Chadwell said...

Ernesto - Thank you for your nice comment. Could you please email me at paige312@cebridge.net