Monday, April 07, 2008

Claire in an Orange Bikini - figure in oil pastel







This is kind of a raw painting, but I'm happiest when I leave my artwork in a fairly unfinished state. There's something so satisfying to me about not "finishing" my drawings and paintings. When I completely cover the canvas or board, I don't feel that I've revealed the underpinning of my work - the drawing - or my impressions of the subject. I always love to see drawing in any artist's work. Any time I am lucky enough to see an exhibit by a master painter, I always find myself in front of their drawings or prints.






I didn't spend the entire time allotted to this pose, which can be tough to do, and maybe I could have put in more detail here and there, but I decided to leave it alone.






It's 8 x 8", oil on Gessobord. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: