Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Another Geisha


Geishas are among my favorite subjects. Although I will probably do a larger, more finished piece based on this drawing, I sometimes find that a painting loses some of the life and looseness found in the drawing. This is oil pastel on Strathmore 403.
Five of my works - all of which have been featured on my blog - are in the annual juried membership show of the Kerrville Art Club at the Kerr Arts and Cultural Center in Kerrville, Texas. If you're in the area, please drop by and see our show.

4 comments:

Machiavelli said...

Everyday artwork? Where are you that you see geishas everyday?

Connie Chadwell said...

One of the drawing groups that I attend uses models who pose in costume. One of the models was from Japan and brought her own costumes. She liked to dress as a geisha and I enjoyed drawing her. It worked for both of us.

Anonymous said...

An admirer from Australia of your beautiful work, Connie.
Hope we can see more 'dancers' soon. Love them all but love the dancers best as I love to dance as well!

Connie Chadwell said...

You will definitely see more dancers soon - thanks so much for your nice comments!